If you are a teen just hitting puberty or even an adult, acne is a serious problem. No one wants to have acne when going to school or work, it just does not look good. Here are some acne prevention tips you should do.
Before we talk about some acne prevention steps, it is important you know what acne is. Acne, or scientifically known as acne vulgaris, is a skin problem when oil and dead skin cells clog up pores. If you have a few red spots then you only have a mild form of acne but if you get a severe case of acne you can have hundreds of pimples all over your face, neck, chest, and back.
Now that you know what acne is lets talk about how to prevent it. Acne, unfortunately, can not be prevented, but there are some steps you can take to make sure that you keep the acne under control so you do not get a severe case.
1. Wash your skin every day but try to avoid scrubbing too hard or washing too often.
2. If you have oily hair you should try and wash it often and keep it off of your face, oily hair can cause acne to worsen.
3. Avoid touching your face if at all possible.
4. Try to avoid heavy sweating if at all possible. If you cannot avoid heavy sweating then wash your face shortly after any activities where you sweat.
5. If you play a sport like hockey or football where you are required to wear a chin strap or helmet put a piece of cotton cloth over the chin strap because chin straps rub your skin which makes acne.
6. Avoid exposure to oils and harsh chemicals. Any form of oil that gets onto your face worsens acne or starts it.
7. Just like in number 6 you should avoid all hair care products. Hair care products such as cream rinses, gels, pomades, and mousses contain a lot of oil which will trigger your acne to worsen or begin.
8. This tip does not only help prevent acne from worsening but should be done by all those who do not even have acne. Avoid long periods of time in the sunlight. This does not help acne and can cause an increase in your risk of skin cancer.
Acne is not preventable. It is a horrible thing to think but it is the truth. Follow these tips on acne prevention and you should be, hopefully, able to stop your acne from worsening and you can then begin to treat it.
Get clear skin now with free cures for acne provided by http://www.clear-skin-solutions.com, a popular acne fighting website that provides tips, advice and resources to include information on home remedies for zits that really work to relieve your skin blemishes.